AFP Iranian photographer Behrouz Mehri has documented the final months of his sister’s breast cancer battle…
1) Soheila Mehri, waits for her husband to take her home after she was examined by a traditional herbal doctor at a clinic in Tehran on February 21, 2013, after the cancer spread to her brain.
2) Hamed (L) and Masood (R) carry their sister Soheila Mehri (C) on a chair from her flat on the fourth flour to take her to the hospital for radiotherapy on February 23, 2013, after the cancer spread to her brain.
3) Soheila Mehri, who suffers from breast cancer, puts on her scarf after undergoing radiotherapy treatment at a hospital in Tehran on March 4, 2013.
4) Soheila Mehri, and her children Sara (L) and Hossein (R) congratulate each other at the beginning of Noruz festival at their house in Tehran on March 20, 2013, on the first day of new Persian year.
5) Sara cries as she kisses the hand of her mother Soheila Mehri, who suffers from breast cancer, in a hospital in Tehran on April 11, 2013.
6) Sara and Hossein hug each other over the grave of their mother Soheila Mehri during her burial ceremony at Behesht-e Zahra cemetery in Tehran on April 14, 2013, a day after she died. Soheila, a retired primary school teacher in Iran, passed away at the age of 54 after battling breast cancer for several months.